LEAD BENEFICIARY:ALLIANCE OF THE PRODUCERS OF ECOLOGICAL
ENERGY – BG
PROJECT BENEFICIARY #2:CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND
PROJECT BENEFICIARY #3:BULGARIAN ELECTRIC VEHICLES
DURATION: 24 months (May 2021 – April 2023)
FUNDING ORGANIZATION: Cross-Border Cooperation Programme
INTERREG V-A Greece – Bulgaria 2014-2020
TOTAL BUDGET: 339 072.80 Euro
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The ever-growing global concern about climate change caused by vehicular greenhouse gas
emissions, coupled with the depletion of natural resources, is driving global economies towards
the adoption of alternate fuel technology. Electric vehicles (EVs) are an alternative green and
clean technology, which can enable the efficient transition to a sustainable low-carbon emission
transportation system while preserving scarce natural resources.
The ultimate purpose of this project is to contribute to a better life, which will result in
improved energy efficiency, air quality, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions all leading to
improved quality of life and sustainability. The project will result in creating new businesses
and jobs and will facilitate cross-border mobility, exchange, and travel between Bulgaria and
The main objective of the project is to enhance entrepreneurship in the cross-border area through
sharing, partnering and cross learning and creating a vibrant network between EV supporters
within SMEs and municipalities. This task shall be achieved by convincing and encouraging
potential partners from recently established SMEs to install chargers for electric vehicles (50
in total) in order to increase the current charging network and therefore to stimulate the usage
of EV in the Cross-Border Region.
- Building shared territorial assets (EV charging spots) and promoting integrated territorial
development by attracting reputable charging stations operators to the area;
- To benefit the natural environment and society through fostering trans-border cooperation
for energy efficiency and climate and environment friendly technologies like EV;
- Implementing an innovative approach to interconnecting and interoperability of cross-border
EV charging networks.
The main result from the project is to enhance entrepreneurship related to EV charging spots and
EV in general, and to support jobs creation in the cross-border area by supporting a total of 50
newly established SME’s (up to 3 years) from Greece and Bulgaria.
- Increased awareness of the advantages of Electric Mobility;
- Committed locals, who become “hosts” of Electric Charging Stations;
- New communication routes between Bulgaria and Greece enabling cultural and economic
- Provoked interest in sustainable business development.